Who I am.

I write about the landscape of grief, nature, and the wisdom of fools. The author of four books, my essays, poems, and reviews have been published in over 50 journals, including in the Huffington Post and Colorado Review. I’ve won the River Teeth Nonfiction Book Award, the Chautauqua and Literal Latte’s essay prizes, and my work has been nominated for four Pushcart Prizes and named a notable by Best American Essays. My account of hiking in Yosemite to deal with my wife’s death, Mountains of Light, was published by the University of Nebraska Press. http://www.markliebenow.com.

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Pushcart Prize Nomination

 


I’m thrilled to share this news with you! 

Under the Sun literary journal chose my essay as one of its nominations for the Pushcart Prize. 

The essay recounts my hike up to the top of Clouds Rest in Yosemite, at nearly 10,000 feet, when I was trying to find a place of acceptance after the death of my wife Evelyn:


Steven Church – “Pooling Resources”

Ren Cedar Fuller – “Naming My Father

Wes Lee – “Maybe Tomorrow”

Mark Liebenow – “Walking West with a Mountain”

Kathleen Melin – “Strangely Wonderful”

Elaine Palencia – “Right Here with E.T.”


You can read the essay at this link:

 https://underthesunonline.com/wordpress/2023/683-2


Mark Liebenow writes about nature, grief, and wisdom of fools. The author of four books, his essays, poems, and critical reviews have been published in numerous literary journals. His work has been named a notable by Best American Essays and nominated for four Pushcart Prizes. Mark has won the River Teeth Nonfiction Book Award, and the Chautauqua and Literal Latte’s essay prizes. He studied English at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and creative nonfiction at Bradley University. markliebenow.com


No comments:

Post a Comment