Who I am.

I write about the landscape of grief, nature, and the wisdom of fools. The author of four books, my essays, poems, and reviews have been published in over 50 journals, including in the Huffington Post and Colorado Review. I’ve won the River Teeth Nonfiction Book Award, the Chautauqua and Literal Latte’s essay prizes, and my work has been nominated for four Pushcart Prizes and named a notable by Best American Essays. My account of hiking in Yosemite to deal with my wife’s death, Mountains of Light, was published by the University of Nebraska Press. http://www.markliebenow.com.

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Essay in Hippocampus Magazine





I was thrilled to find out this week that my essay “Artifacts” was named the Most Memorable essay in the July issue of Hippocampus Magazine. My essay deals with the struggle over our loved one’s possessions after they have died. What possessions do we keep to remind us of them, and what do we throw away?

This is the link: http://bit.ly/2z6kDWc



No comments:

Post a Comment