Who I am.

I write about the landscape of grief, nature, and the wisdom of fools. The author of four books, my essays, poems, and reviews have been published in over 50 journals, including in the Huffington Post and Colorado Review. I’ve won the River Teeth Nonfiction Book Award, the Chautauqua and Literal Latte’s essay prizes, and my work has been nominated for four Pushcart Prizes and named a notable by Best American Essays. My account of hiking in Yosemite to deal with my wife’s death, Mountains of Light, was published by the University of Nebraska Press. http://www.markliebenow.com.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Grief - Not Just For Men

Last Thursday I was interviewed by Chaz Wesley on his radio show “From Grief to Grace.” We talked about my journey through grief, my blog and essays, the insights I’ve found about the landscape of grief, and I read some of my writing.

You can listen to a podcast of our conversation at www.unityonlineradio.org/fromgrieftograce .

*
About this Blog

Although this started in 2009 as a way to reach out to widowers, because I wasn’t finding much that was written by or about men who had lost their wives, it has evolved to speak about the entire landscape of grief – personal, cultural, religious, and resources to help you in your grief. I should probably rename it to something like All Grief All the Time, or Walking Through the Valley of Shadows.

I invite you to scroll through the list of topics that appear on the right side of your screen. If there is something that you want me to write about, let me know. And thank you for writing to me with your insights, questions, and for letting me know when a post hits home.


We are members of an amazing community of compassion. I am grateful that we have found each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment