Every Wednesday

Every Wednesday, I will post something about grief. Sometimes it will be a reflection on an aspect of grief’s landscape. Now and then I will share from my own journey of grief, because in the sharing of our stories we find strength and build a community of people that support one another. To follow, please leave your email address.

To follow, please leave your Email address.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Wilderness of People








Don’t give me baby blue or pastel pink.
I want grief’s red ochre, sapphire, emerald green.
Don’t give me nice or pretty.
I want the wild, unkempt, unknown.
I want the wilderness of people.

Don’t give me the waltz or John Denver,
Winslow Homer, tutus of Swan Lake.
I want the tango, Georgia O’Keeffe,
Pilobolus, Tom Waits,
the gypsy of Django and Leadbelly’s blues.

I want the scary climb up the mountain peak
to feel clouds swirl around my feet.
I want the surging chaos of mountain streams
that carve steep canyons through battered hearts.
I want mountain lions, black bears, moose.

Do not hide death from me.
I want the mystery, laughter, tears.
I want tamarind and spicy Thai curry,
lamentations howled with a circle of friends

raucous and tipsy under the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment