Who I am.

I write about the landscape of grief, nature, and the wisdom of fools. The author of four books, my essays, poems, and reviews have been published in over 50 journals, including in the Huffington Post and Colorado Review. I’ve won the River Teeth Nonfiction Book Award, the Chautauqua and Literal Latte’s essay prizes, and my work has been nominated for four Pushcart Prizes and named a notable by Best American Essays. My account of hiking in Yosemite to deal with my wife’s death, Mountains of Light, was published by the University of Nebraska Press. http://www.markliebenow.com.

Thursday, May 5, 2016

My Interview on Good Grief

The podcast of my interview with Cheryl Jones on her Good Grief program is now online. It’s an hour long and there are three segments, each about 20 minutes in length. In each segment, I also read one of my writings.

We discussed my hiking in Yosemite to deal with grief over my wife’s death, learning from the rock climbers that saying yes to life involves taking risks, the need for everyone, including men, to face up to grief because it’s not going to go away until we do, and the need to treat everyone with kindness because so many of us are dealing with trauma.




No comments:

Post a Comment