Every Wednesday

Every Wednesday, I will post something about grief. Sometimes it will be a reflection on an aspect of grief’s landscape. Now and then I will share from my own journey of grief, because in the sharing of our stories we find strength and build a community of people that support one another. To follow, please leave your email address.

To follow, please leave your Email address.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Inspector Morse essay




A British journal, The Back Road Café, published my short essay today on the importance of The Inspector Morse Mystery Series in my recovery from grief. The series was broadcast in America on PBS. The essay is titled “Inspector Morse and the Labyrinth of the First Death.” 

From the editor’s introduction

It’s exciting to have Mark Liebenow back at the Back Road Café. His essay explores the nature of grief and its relationship to fiction, in this case the Inspector Morse and Lewis series. Mark says, “Shows that deal honestly with reality offer me new ways of looking at my problems and finding a way through…Of course, if we talked openly about grief in society, we would be familiar with the landscape and know how to work with it, but we don’t. So shows like this become our local pub where we go for beer and meaningful conversations.” This is an honest and meaningful reflection and I encourage you to have a look.


No comments:

Post a Comment