Every Wednesday

Every Wednesday I will post something about grief. Sometimes it will be a reflection on an aspect of grief’s landscape. Now and then I will share from my own journey of grief, because in the sharing of our stories we find strength and build a community of people that support one another.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sitting on the Side of the World



Journal entry 10

I’m not in control anymore.

Forces I can’t see push me around.  Every day life flows by but I can’t connect to it.  Every few days people bring food. They send cards or call, but words have lost their meaning. Colors are all gray. Every day I excuse myself, sit on the side of the world and watch it go by, unable to move, unable to see, unable to care what happens to me or to anyone.


The world can go on without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment