Every Wednesday

Every Wednesday I will post something about grief. Sometimes it will be a reflection on an aspect of grief’s landscape. Now and then I will share from my own journey of grief, because in the sharing of our stories we find strength and build a community of people that support one another.

If you would like to be notified whenever I post something new, please enter your email here.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fly Away


Journal entry 6

I want to fly away to a land where no one knows me.  

I want to walk along the rocky shoreline of an ocean where the tide pools can distract me with starfish and other creatures.  

I want to sit in the forest and be silent until I feel something again.

I want to hike the Pacific Coast Trail through the mountains for months and let the sun warm my bones that have been cold since Evelyn’s death.  


I want to be among people who are grieving. I want to know that I'm not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment