Who I am.

I write about the landscape of grief, nature, and the wisdom of fools. The author of four books, my essays, poems, and reviews have been published in over 50 journals, including in the Huffington Post and Colorado Review. I’ve won the River Teeth Nonfiction Book Award, the Chautauqua and Literal Latte’s essay prizes, and my work has been nominated for four Pushcart Prizes and named a notable by Best American Essays. My account of hiking in Yosemite to deal with my wife’s death, Mountains of Light, was published by the University of Nebraska Press. http://www.markliebenow.com.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Never Give Up: Sylvia McNair

At a benefit for breast cancer, I heard world-famous Sylvia McNair sing music from Broadway and opera. Between songs she spoke of her battle with cancer and how crucial her community of friends was to her recovery. 
* If you would like to read the rest of this post, let me know and I’ll send it to you. *

No comments:

Post a Comment