Who I am.

I write about the landscape of grief, nature, and the wisdom of fools. The author of four books, my essays, poems, and reviews have been published in over 50 journals, including in the Huffington Post and Colorado Review. I’ve won the River Teeth Nonfiction Book Award, the Chautauqua and Literal Latte’s essay prizes, and my work has been nominated for four Pushcart Prizes and named a notable by Best American Essays. My account of hiking in Yosemite to deal with my wife’s death, Mountains of Light, was published by the University of Nebraska Press. http://www.markliebenow.com.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Grief Breaks Us, Deepens Us, Or Sets Us Free

As I was getting ready for my podcast interview with Linda Schreyer from Writers Talks at Studio West in Los Angeles (http://t.co/9OWGGScNds), Linda said she liked the line that appeared at the end of my blog post, “The First Death.” (That line is the title of this post.) She thought grief did all three. I agreed, although we both knew that some people get stuck in the first arena.

* If you would like to read the rest of this post, let me know and I’ll send it to you. *

No comments:

Post a Comment