Every Wednesday

Every Wednesday, I will post something about grief. Sometimes it will be a reflection on an aspect of grief’s landscape. Now and then I will share from my own journey of grief, because in the sharing of our stories we find strength and build a community of people that support one another. To follow, please leave your email address.

To follow, please leave your Email address.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Across the Boundary


Journal entry 20
           
We were talking about grief in general when Ted asked me what I thought about the afterlife.

“What do you mean?” I say, shifting in my chair at the change of topics, knowing that something is coming. “My vision of heaven?”

“No. What I want to know is if you have had any contact with Evelyn where she is, the connection of souls continuing, communicating. I have a friend who is convinced there is more to the afterlife than just going off into a different world and never being heard from again. He said that he talked to his dead father a couple of times. Have you experienced anything like that?”
“There have been times when Evelyn seemed near, like a brush on my cheek, or I thought that I could almost hear her say something, but nothing you would call a vision, like seeing her standing at the end of the bed at night or finding cryptic messages written down on a piece of paper.”

“Nothing like Edgar Cayce communicating with the dead?” Ted asks, looking as if he is unsure how far to press this matter.  “Or contacting other worlds?”


“Not yet,” I say, finishing my doughnut and wondering if this will be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment