Every Wednesday

Every Wednesday, I will post something about grief. Sometimes it will be a reflection on an aspect of grief’s landscape. Now and then I will share from my own journey of grief, because in the sharing of our stories we find strength and build a community of people that support one another. To follow, please leave your email address.

To follow, please leave your Email address.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Two Months In


Journal entry 15

At the end of two months, I’m basically numb.  

I must be out of shock by now, but I don't know how you measure that. I also think that the despair of my situation is settling in. I don’t care about much of anything and go through the motions of the day simply to get to where I can go back to bed. With our long-range dreams wiped out, I realize how much I lived for them, how much they pulled me out of bed in the morning.  

In working for what I thought would come tomorrow, I ceased to live today. Now Evelyn's gone, and my work for our future has gone for naught.

This is a big deal. If I do not live in the moment and celebrate at least a little bit, do I live at all? I have to find new a new dream, and I have to learn to celebrate what is here today, even in the midst of sorrow.

Good things do not stop happening simply because I'm not in the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment