Every Wednesday

Every Wednesday, I will post something about grief. Sometimes it will be a reflection on an aspect of grief’s landscape. Now and then I will share from my own journey of grief, because in the sharing of our stories we find strength and build a community of people that support one another. To follow, please leave your email address.

To follow, please leave your Email address.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Ashes




February 25

I sit in the early morning light, held tight by the death of a person I loved. I sit on a log in the transparency of the sun.   

I write my failures on pieces of paper — not sharing my emotions enough with Evelyn, working too long on tasks, and not slowing down enough to let my empathy blossom into compassion when I see others who are suffering.

I burn my failures in the fire, and mark my face with their ashes. This is who I have been.
Three pine cones lay on the ground before me.

One is death.  
One is grief.
One is love.  

Which cone’s seeds will I plant?


My new life of living from the heart begins here.

No comments:

Post a Comment